By Rosemary Martin
The Feelings Bear will help young children to develop Emotional Literacy. Children will quickly become aware of their emotions and learn how to identify, manage and express emotions safely.
Adults using this resource with children will gain awareness of what situations invoke specific emotions.
Children will learn a variety of tools and develop the ability to control uncomfortable emotions and learn how to self-soothe as apposed to becoming overwhelmed by multiple un-comfortable emotions.
Users will learn how to:
· Identify the circumstances that trigger specific emotions
· Control being overwhelmed by multiple emotions.
· Cope with multiple emotions
· Identify the need that arises as a result of uncomfortable feelings
· Pinpoint what creates comfortable feelings and take control of their own happiness
· Understand and accept all emotions and how they feel as a result of positive or negative experiences or circumstances
· Stay in control of emotions and not allow them to overwhelm
· Address emotional outbursts
· Control impulsive behaviour
· Work through difficult situations
· Manage understand and accept difficult emotions
· Stay in control of their behaviour when experiencing multiple emotions
· Create strategies to self-soothe
· Develop emotional intelligence